Friday, August 10, 2012

Summertime Beauty


I think I like the summertime wildflowers best.  There is always something in bloom, somewhere, and usually several varieties at once that compliment each other with their colors.  Spring is definitely my favorite time of the year.  The wildflowers are beautiful and fairly predictable.  Summer tends to bring a little more unpredictability, to me.  Take this beauty for instance.  It is a Blackberry Lily.  I've never seen it before this season, even though there were dozens of them blooming in a place I frequent quite often.  I suppose it was meant to be on an evening like this one.  With Barred Owls calling from the tree line across the field, and deer jumping and blowing at almost every turn in the trail, how could I not expect to find something new and unusual to finish off this beautiful summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment